Can you imagine, creamy, luxurious, decadent, goodness in your mouth? Like, legit smooth, feel good vibes all up in your mouth? Do I have you drooling yet? Or are you wondering where the heck I’m going with this…? Haha.
I honestly couldn’t believe my ears when avocado and cacao and mousse came to me all in one sentence. How is it possible that savory avocado can be also a sweet treat?? Well it can, it is, and it will be. Right here. Right now. I reveal…. Creamy Chocolate Mousse. Ta daaaa! Oh and it’s super yummy, cuz Duh.
So, anyways, I am always trying to create recipes of things I use to eat before, when I was still taking in dairy, meat, and gluten. I have found this love of dark chocolate and anything related to it. I also love a good creamy ANYTHING, especially pudding or mousse, since both of those I can’t normally have!!
This avocado mousse is seriously decadently amazing. Test it out and let me know what you think. Your taste buds will definitely thank you and I will Give you an accolade for winning in the health department!! PLUS, you are intaking healthy fats, fiber, magnesium, potassium, AND antioxidants to give your body and cells life and the tools to combat illness and toxins coming you way!!
Creamy avocado mousse
• 3 Ripe avocados
• 10 soaked dates
• 3/4 Cup Almond or Coconut milk
• 3/4 Cup cacao Powder
• 1/2 teaspoon Stevia
• 1/4 teaspoon Salt
• A pinch of cinnamon
• Option: can add 2 Tablespoons
– Allow dates to soak for at least 30 minutes.
– put dates and milk in blender and blend until broken down to a liquid paste-like consistency. Then add the cacao powder, salt, and cinnamon.
– Once everything is blended together, add the avocado and blend until creamy, about 1 minute.
– Taste and see if it needs a little Stevia for sweetness, add it now. Also, if it could use a little salt add a pinch more.
– This mousse tastes best after sitting in the fridge for 2-3 hours. By sitting and chilling, it will gain more of a “mousse” consistency and the flavors will developed a little more.