Do you have a fun summer party, get together, or house party you’re attending or hosting? Why not create a simple cheezy jalapeño appetizer that’s going to get everyone Lit? I Love using this recipe for Super Bowl parties too.
• 10 Jalapeños, cut in half length wise and seeds removed
• 1 tub non-dairy cream cheese (you’ll use half-so you can also double this recipe)
• 1/2 C. Dairy free cheese (I like Daiya pepper jack shreds)
• 1/4 C. Nutritional Yeast
• 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
– preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Rinse and slice jalapeños in half, remove seeds and any white extra flesh inside.
– Place jalapeños on a baking dish and bake for 6 minutes.
– Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl with a spoon or spatula while jalapeños get a quick pre bake.
– Let jalapeños cool, then fill them with the mixture.
– For added cheezy look place a few shreds of cheese on each jalapeño separately.
– Cool for 12 minutes. Take out and cool.
– Option to garnish: green onions or fakin bakin bits
*** Don’t eat before your guests arrive or before you get to the party, people WILL be disappointed….
Cacao Superfood Smoothie
As a little girl, I loved when my mom would make anything with chocolate in it. I loved chocolate sauce on my ice cream, peanut butter cups, chocolate chip cookies, you name it, I wanted to be eating and enjoying it. As I grew older, I realized chocolate had dairy and refined sugar in it. I still purchase Dark Chocolate and certified dairy free now, but I try to keep it on occasion. This smoothie helps me to still be able to enjoy chocolate and I know its good for me.
I love Chocolate so much!! Don’t you? If you would like to slurp something super nutrient dense and also yummy tasting this smoothie is fantastic. At the end of the day, not only do I want to have a good meal that tastes good, but I also want to make sure it is packed with optimal nutrients. Cacao has magnesium, antioxidants, and healthy fat. It is great for a little kick in energy and satisfies that chocolate bar craving. I also added maca root and beet powder for added energy. I am so thankful to be be able to have these ingredients at hand to put into a smoothie in order to fuel myself. Feel free to add other ingredients that sound good to you.
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon Flaxseed
- 1 Banana
- 2 Dates
- 1/2 Cup Spinach
- 1 Tablespoon Beet Powder (I like MRM brand)
- 1 teaspoon Maca Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1-2 Cups Non Dairy Milk (Trader Joes has a great unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk)
- Go Raw Cacao Granola For topping 🙂